Monday, April 9, 2007

Springtime is near



What, me worry?


Springtime is coming on strong here in lovely Pavlodar. The temperatures are already running around 10-19 degrees Celcius. I don't know what I'm going to do, as my clothes are prepared for winter weather more so than this good stuff. Item A on the to-do-list when I visit the States.


I thought that I'd share some photos that are a little old, but bespeak to the beauty that is this country:

The rolling river Irytish in my home of Pavlodar. It froze over during the winter, but I plan on enjoying some shashleek (kabobs) and swimming in the near future along its mighty banks.




Here is a man playing an accordion, wearing a traditional Kazakh hat. I'm going to have a complex with how much I love this music here.




This was taken back in September, but there are the mountains in southern Kazakhstan, taking from a hike with my host grandfather while in Talgar. There aren't mountains near Pavlodar, but there are some forests around here that I'm excited to check out.



There is a lot more beauty to this country, my city of Pavlodar and its people, and I'll do my best to showcase it as best I can.
"The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps."

No comments: